Sunday, February 9, 2014

Crayons

Crayons are just crayons...

They're just another thing we can use to draw with or make colorful candles out of...

I don't really know why we think that crayons are for little kids, they can barely use then.  They scribble everywhere and just end up breaking them because their uncoordinated little hands push the crayon too hard on the paper. So why do we let little kids play with them? Can't they be creative and color with something else? I think so...

But, when I was little I really did like coloring with crayons. They were just the right size for my hands and came in so many colors and were't super messy like markers were. I guess that crayons help little kids do something, make something. Memories? Art? Hand-eye-coordination? All of them?...

Maybe crayons are just an outlet for little kids like writing is for some of us...

Maybe the best artists start with crayons and work their way up...

What did crayons do for you? Something creative or wonderful or memorable? Or nothing at all? What do you think of crayons?...

1 comment:

  1. "Maybe the best artists start with crayons and work their way up..."
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete