Monday, March 31, 2014

Moon

I've always thought that the moon is beautiful.  I used to watch it from my bed room window when I couldn't sleep.  It just seemed to calm me and loved the feeling of peace that it gave me.  I love how it looks, I love the faint glow it gives during the night, and how pure and white it looks in the black sky.  But I've always wondered how something so majestic could be so far away.  It makes me envious that it can show its beauty from so far away.  I also wonder what the moon is.  Scientist say that its just a gray rock that orbits our planet, but I want to believe that it's more that.  I want to believe that man never stepped foot on the moon.  That man never tainted its radiance by stepping on it.  I want to believe that it's not just a rock, but that its brilliance comes from within it and that it's alive.  I want to believe that I might be able to walk on it someday, but I wonder what I would think if I did.  I'm scared that if I walk on it I might discover that it's just a bare, gray rock floating in the middle of no where.

1 comment:

  1. the moon is way pretty. it's cool how you noticed that it's majestic from even far away.

    ReplyDelete