Sunday, April 6, 2014

Jealous Much?

Robert Frost said that he took the path less traveled...why?  Why would he take the one that is less traveled and probably harder?  I don't really know the answer to that question but it makes me wonder what type of man he was.  Probably brave and strong.  And he probably didn't mind doing a difficult task. I think that he was good man, humble and willing,  It makes me want to be like him.  Courageous, humble, firm, undaunted...all the things that I'm not, but hope to be someday.  It makes me jealous.  I'm pretty sure that jealousy is a negative emotion, but I can't help but feel that it has the potential to make us great.  It gives us a drive and a motive to go after something that could be wonderful or not.  In my case I think its good.  My jealousy makes me want to be better.  Not to impress other, but to help others and not to be better than anyone, but to thank them for helping me along the way.  I am jealous, not of other people, but of what I have the potential to become.  And that's who I strive to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment